Graduate Simulation, Tools and QA Engineer
As a future member of a PowerVR QA & Simulation group, you could be working on the latest technologies and be responsible for designing and maintaining software modules for a range of purposes including simulation, quality assurance, tools and automation. These modules are used for hardware verification purposes and inclusion within our platforms as a software development tools for external customers and internal application engineers. You could be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle for each project and work closely with several other teams of engineers contributing to our industry leading IP. Securing a graduate role in this group is the first step to becoming a successful engineer.
The right candidate will have a strong interest in software engineering, simulation or quality assurance. A fast learner with a passion for "getting things right" will have the opportunity to develop their engineering skills and learn the fundamentals of designing and testing successful silicon in the consumer electronics industry.
Target Capabilities and Skills
- Basic C, C++ programming skills
- Desirable Capabilities and Skills
- Basic scripting language skills such as Python or Perl
- Basic Windows and UNIX operating system skills
- A basic understanding of testing methodologies and their importance in this industry
- A basic understanding or strong interest in hardware design principles
- A basic understanding or strong interest in one of the following technologies:
- Digital Video Encoding
- Digital Video Decoding
- Digital Video and Image Signal Processing.
- 3D Graphics
- Computer Vision
The right candidate will:
- Be a self-starter and able to work both alone and as part of a team
- Be approachable and have good communication skills
- Have a 'can-do' attitude and approach to tasks
- Have a passion for excellence and attention to detail
A small to medium sized skilled team from various engineering and research backgrounds.
A member of the team will mentor you throughout the year.
Enrolment or completion of a degree in software engineering, electronic engineering or similar is required for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!