Graduate Simulator Engineer
As a member of a PowerVR Simulation Team you will be working on the latest technologies and responsible for designing and maintaining high performance C, C++ and System-C simulation modules. These modules are used for hardware verification purposes and inclusion within our platform simulation as a software development tool for external customers and internal application engineers. You will be involved in every stage of the development life cycle for each project and work closely with several other teams of engineers contributing to our industry leading IP. Team members typically perform a variety of tasks within this area, including research, design, software development and verification.
The right candidate will be responsible for designing, maintaining and updating IP simulation modules as well as liaising with external customers and internal engineers using the modules within the platform simulation. A fast learner with a passion for writing well structured, well commented and efficient C code will have the opportunity to develop their programming skills and learn about the fundamentals of designing successful silicon in the consumer electronics industry. Proactive individuals will rapidly gain responsibility and influence within the company.
Working as a part of an expert team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Design and maintenance of simulation modules.
- Supporting external customers and internal engineers using the platform simulation.
- Optimisation and performance analysis of the platform simulation.
- Feedback into the latest chip designs.
- Management and maintenance of regression tests used to verify module correctness.
- Supporting other engineers within the team.
Target Capabilities and Skills
- Basic C, C++ programming skills
Desirable Capabilities and Skills
The right candidate will have the following:
- An understanding of hardware design principles
- Experience or a strong interest in one of the following:
- Computer Graphics
- Digital Video and Image Signal Processing
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning
The right candidate will:
- Be a self-starter and able to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Have a 'can-do' attitude and approach to tasks.
- Approachable with good communication skills.
- Have a passion for excellence and attention to detail.
A small to medium sized, skilled team from various engineering and research backgrounds.
A degree in software engineering, electronic engineering or similar is required for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!