OpenGL ES Graphics Driver Software Engineer
The OpenGL ES driver team enables Imagination’s world leading GPU performance through the design and development of key graphics API driver components. This means that people from all over the globe have a first-class mobile device experience because your software helps their apps to run quickly, efficiently and reliably.
You will work with cutting-edge systems, influence the design of our graphics technology and help Imagination to deliver the next big thing in 3D technology. You will partner with other software and hardware engineers in supporting major device manufacturers and OS vendors to ensure their devices work smoothly. Exposed to the full life-cycle of hardware and software development, from initial concepts and research to long-term maintenance, you will play a key role in the design of future PowerVR graphics technology.
- Design and develop OpenGL ES graphics drivers to the Khronos specifications to drive our current and next generation graphics cores
- Perform hardware and software performance analysis and optimisation of drivers to get the most out of our graphics IP
- Interact with simulator, research and hardware design teams to improve our next generation graphics cores
- Support customers and their partners in bringing new products to market
- Help maintain architectural and functional documentation
- Participate in the Khronos process of creating OpenGL ES specifications
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- C programming experience
- Knowledge of OpenGL or OPENGL ES and the modern 3D graphics pipeline
- Interest in low-level programming and graphics
- Aptitude for entry level vector based mathematics
You might also have
- Low-level programming experience
- Demonstrable insight / interest in other 3D computer graphics technologies such as DirectX, D3D and Vulkan
- Driver development background
- An appreciation of computer architecture concepts (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.)
- Exposure to a developing environment
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursueyour dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!