Engineering Intern - Final Year - Grangemouth
To provide a support to the Engineering Team working within the Hydrocarbons area. Covering Instrument/ Electrical disciplines, to enable compliance with the (O&P) Grangemouth Management Procedures (GMPs) and Standards.
- Working alongside the Engineering Team on the development, updating and maintaining of the engineering technical planned maintenance procedures.
- Working alongside the Engineering Support Specialists to support the development of assessments, recording of results, and forward planning for remedial works and improvement initiatives across the Instrument and Electrical maintenance teams.
- Using maintenance data, prepare and update measurement of performance reports and other key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Support the improvement initiatives for compliance with the standards for Safety Instrumented Systems and Instrument Asset Care plans.
- Support the improvement initiatives for compliance with the standards for hazardous area (ATEX), UPS maintenance, Plant electrical systems, and the associated Asset Care plans.
- Working alongside the Engineering Team to support the documentation development, preparation, and delivery processes for the 2018 and 2019 O&P Turnarounds (TAR’s) and other planned outages.
- Carry out the updating of plant and office based documentation, technical drawings and information.
- Develop and sustain a close working relationships with Managers, Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians within the O&P Engineering Team to ensure that the records and documentation system meets their needs.
- The job holder is required to develop and demonstrate good networking skills to within the engineering and maintenance community to facilitate the delivery of accountabilities.
- The post holder must be capable of identifying issues in documentation systems and developing appropriate solutions.
- The post requires highly developed organisational and planning skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of mechanical, instrument and electrical equipment operation and an ability to learn quickly the maintenance and planning activities associated with them. This gained through a high standard of academic study and practical experience with Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical equipment gained through work experience or practical hobbies.
- Ability to demonstrate an initial level of knowledge, through preparatory study, of ATEX (hazardous area) equipment, Safety Instrumented Systems, electrical safety, and mechanical equipment.
- Fluent in the use of IT systems including databases, spread sheets and other electronic documents.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!