Future Ingredients Sourcing Specialist
What you'll be doing
- Did you want to be an explorer as a kid? Do you love working with a blank sheet of paper with the freedom to create the plan and join the dots? Do you have a science/food science degree or similar background? If the answers are yes, then this is the job for you. Sitting within this creative and innovative Bit of the business you will be working cross functionally with the Innovation, Marketing and Supply Teams to deliver the rolling three year innovation plan and beyond.
- As a member of the Scouting Team you will be accountable for seeking out new ingredients with potentially some packaging and processing technologies as well, bringing truly innovative research to life to make innocent stand out from the crowd and emerge as a leader in the wellness category.
- You will be responsible for scouting new ideas, research, techniques and concepts and then bringing them into the business and presenting them in a tangible way. You’ll find ways to close the gap between a theoretical concept and its practical application.
- You will network and work externally with ‘centres of excellence’ to unlock the unknown and enable innocent to deliver commercial and winning innovation. You’ll be working cross functionally, internally and with both existing and new Supply Partners. You will need to be self-motivated, someone who enjoys the detail and dynamic.
- A Food Technology or similar science based degree
- Ability to build strong, long-term partnerships with external centres of excellence
- A master at cross functional working with impeccable communication skills – knowing who needs to know what, how much, and when
- Entrepreneurial thinking – you’ll have the ability to think creatively and turn ideas into reality
- Great attention to detail – you’ll notice the small things too
- As you’ll be working independently a lot of the time in this role it’s important you are self-driven and organised with your time
- Be part of the high performing team driving the next phase of healthy drinking growth
- Be at the cutting edge of new idea development and new cross-functional ways of working
- The chance to work with other businesses and centres of excellence
- Opportunity to develop your understanding of emerging ingredients, innovative packaging and processing techniques
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.