Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) in Japanese Schools
Immerse yourself in Japanese culture with Interac. As an ALT, you will have the unique opportunity to enrich the lives of Japanese school children, teaching interactive and exciting English lessons.
Interac, founded in 1972, is made up of 15 branch offices in six regional companies covering Japan’s four main islands. ALTs work with students of all levels and become active in their local communities. Our ALTs provide educational services that enrich people's hearts, minds, lives and promote deeper understanding of the world’s languages and cultures.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a native-level English speaker
- Have received at least 12 years of education where the language of instruction was English.
- Have graduated, or be about to graduate, with a bachelor degree (in any subject)
- Have a professional attitude, be a team player, flexible, enthusiastic and energetic
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Other desirable (but not mandatory) criteria:
- Japanese language ability
- Have a full driving license
- Teaching experience
- Teaching qualification, e.g., CELTA, DELTA, TEFL
- Experience of studying a second language at school or university
Benefits and Training
- Interac provide Visa Sponsorship
- On going Training
- Guarantor and assistance with locating housing
- Loan in relation to housing set up
- Career Navigation Program
- Holiday: most of August, two weeks in December and January plus 10 Bank holidays
Apply now. Comprehensive details about our programme are available on our website.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!