Nationally acclaimed, with strong international capabilities, Irwin Mitchell is one of a few law firms to provide a diverse range of legal services to businesses and private individuals.
In December 2015 Irwin Mitchell merged with Thomas Eggar, creating the 11th largest law firm in the UK with over 2,700 staff, over 280 Partners and 14 locations.
In May 2016 Irwin Mitchell Private Wealth was launched, combining the expertise of Berkeley Law, Berkeley Hurrell, Thomas Eggar and Irwin Mitchell under one single offering to clients.
Irwin Mitchell Private Wealth offers a wide range of specialist services including succession planning, tax, reputation protection, family and divorce, probate and estate administration and town and country property. It also advises business owners and executives on their personal business wealth including intellectual property, business law employment, commercial property and tax.
Main areas of work –
- Personal Legal Services (PLS)
- The firm remains one of the leading personal injury and medical negligence litigation practices in the UK. It offers a wide range of services covering all the key injury types from road traffic accidents to product liability claims and serious head/spinal injury cases.
- A comprehensive range of private client services are also provided, including a national family team with extensive experience in acting in complex financial disputes.
- The firm provides will writing services for customers of major financial institutions and private individuals. In addition, it provides a national probate, contentious probate, public law and conveyancing service and is the UK’s leading court of protection practice.
- Business Legal Services (BLS)
- The firm offers a wide range of commercial services. In recent years, it has significantly expanded its corporate, commercial litigation and real estate services.
- Areas of expertise include banking and finance, commercial litigation and dispute resolution, construction and infrastructure projects, corporate and commercial, employment, environmental, insolvency, international, investigations and prosecutions, pensions, planning, real estate, recoveries, restructuring, tax.
The firm is looking for ambitious and well-motivated individuals who have a real commitment to the law and who can demonstrate a positive approach to their work. Irwin Mitchell recruits law and non-law graduates and views social ability as important as academic achievement.
As a trainee solicitor at Irwin Mitchell you will get to know different areas of our business. You’ll be given real responsibility and the chance to gain practical experience; helping you to decide which area of law you want to work in. During your training contract you will undertake a number of training seats either within the PLS or BLS division. The seat rotation will allow you to gain practical experience in three diverse areas of law. The fourth and final seat will most likely be in the department that you, and we, expect you to qualify into.
24.5 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, health plan, death in service cover, critical illness cover, recognition scheme, season ticket loan, two CSR days a year, sports team sponsorship
Sponsorship & awards
If your application is successful, we will meet all the fees associated with your LPC and, if applicable, your GDL if you have not started or completed your studies when offered a training contract. We also provide a maintenance grant to help you through your studies.
Our work placements are a vital part of our recruitment strategy. It is a great way for you to demonstrate your skills in a practical environment and to make a positive impression. With 90% of candidates who completed the Legal Work Placement last year telling us their placement “exceeded expectations” we hope that you will also find it a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
Closing date for applications is 15 January 2017.
Method of application:
Please visit the firm’s website www.irwinmitchell.com/graduates and complete the online application
Application, video interview and assessment centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!