Graduate Civil Engineer (Highways)
We are wishing to recruit confident engineering graduates to join our established highways design team. You will become a member of an expanding team, taking a technical supporting role in delivering highway design services throughout all stages of highway project development. You may be a recent graduate, or already have a little experience, but the role will provide you every opportunity to complete your training towards membership of a professional institution. As well as our ICE accredited training programme which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by a trained mentor to complete our graduate portfolio.
- You will hold, or be working towards, an accredited MEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent and expecting a 2:1 as a minimum)
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports.
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills.
- Proficient with use of AutoCAD
- Health and Safety training
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!