Graduate Electrical Engineer – Energy
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Electrical Engineer within our Energy team based in Cardiff. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
As Graduate Engineer you will be supporting the team with an increasing workload with Jacobs’s key clients.
Responsibilities associated with this post will include;
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations
- Developing detailed designs
- Supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals
- Compiling and checking reports
You will hold, or be working towards, an accredited BEng (Honours) or MEng in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) – 2(i) or above preferred. Relevant work experience would also be advantageous although not essential. We will also expect:
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- Strong Computer software skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on results and project delivery
- Previous work experience in an engineering organisation
- Position can also be based in Bristol, Croydon or Winnersh (Reading).
Start your journey with Jacobs
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment. As well as development opportunities, we offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!