Graduate Process Engineer - Water
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As Graduate Engineer you will be involved in the design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater projects. You will have opportunities to work across other sectors of the company in addition to within Water. Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies
- Site monitoring and investigations for root cause analysis
- Participating in outline designs and detailed design
- Supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals
You will hold, or be working towards a MEng in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) – 2(i) or above preferred. Relevant work experience would also be advantageous although not essential. We would expect you to be an enthusiastic, proactive Engineer who has:
- Strong team working
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Mathematical and Computer software skills
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Previous work experience with an engineering company in water/wastewater or other sectors
- Can also be based in Edinburgh.
Start your journey with Jacobs
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment. As well as development opportunities, we offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!