Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer - Nuclear & Defence
As a Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the delivery of structural analysis, design and assessment in a multi-discipline environment
- Production of clear and well-presented reports, specifications, and other engineering documentation
- Supervising the production of drawings and 3D BIM models
- Undertaking structural survey work
- Hold (or working toward) an accredited MEng level degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent), at first or upper second class
- Please note that for this position candidates will be required to obtain UK Security Clearance (some limitations may apply to non UK Nationals and where individuals have not resided in the UK for all of the last 5 years)
- Strong analytical skills, a sound understanding of structural theory, and an interest in solving problems from first principles
- An interest in the Nuclear & Defence industry
- Drive and motivation to become a chartered engineer with IStructE or ICE
- A clear communication style, proven team working skills and a strong customer focus
- An understanding of structural dynamics, including earthquake engineering, blast, and impact load effects
- An understanding of finite element analysis techniques
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!