Graduate Maritime Engineer
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime business to help drive further growth. The team is involved in a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects with a diverse range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence and energy sectors.
Jacobs Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities, sea water intakes and outfalls, and naval bases.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies and are named as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies in Forbes Magazine.
As a Graduate Maritime Engineer you will:
- Work within our established project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget
- Assist in the development of detailed designs and maintenance solutions for maritime structures
- Carry out structural design and assessment calculations both by hand calculation and using a range of computer packages
- Assist with structural inspections
- Contribute to the production of reports
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents, bills of quantities and specifications
- Work closely with peers and mentors to plan tasks and contribute to our business goals
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues
- Hold (or in your final year working toward) an accredited MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent) at First or Upper Second class
- An interest in Ports and Maritime engineering
- The drive and motivation to become a chartered engineer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce well-presented reports
- Proven team working skills and a strong customer focus
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office) and aptitude to learning new analysis programmes
- Relevant work experience.
- Membership with a professional institution (Institution of Civil Engineers)
- Some ability in the use of Structural Analysis software
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!