Graduate Maritime Engineer
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Engineer within our Ports & Maritime team based in Cardiff.
The team provides specialist technical services in a broad range of maritime developments, from concept through design to construction. We serve the commercial, defence and leisure sectors. Projects include port developments, terminals, bulk handling facilities, oil terminals, naval bases, dredging, island developments and leisure marinas.
The successful person will be working within an experienced team and will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The full time position will be as a Graduate Engineer based in our Cardiff office and will include opportunities to support other Jacobs teams in the UK and internationally.
As a Graduate Engineer you will work within our established project team to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will work closely with peers and mentors to plan tasks and contribute to our business goals.
You will be confident and have a proactive, flexible, attitude towards assignments with the ability to communicate effectively.
- You will have an MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- You will be actively working towards chartered membership of the ICE, ISTRUCTE, or equivalent,
- You will have an interest in structural design (essential) and an appreciation of structural / geotechnical interaction (beneficial),
- You will have solid computer skills,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good team work and focus on project delivery.
- You will be familiar with structural software and design.
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!