Graduate Airport Planner - Wokingham
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
In 2018 we have a range of opportunities for Graduates interested in working in the field of Aviation and Airports. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we are looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We also have an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with aviation clients that include Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester Airport Group, and many other regional and international airport clients. Our current portfolio of projects includes the role of Programme Designer for the £820m Resilience Programme at Heathrow Airport and the engineering design of the £850m Manchester Transformation Programme, our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace. So would you like to be a member of our UK Aviation Team?
We are looking to recruit a Graduate Airport Planner to join our established Airports Planning team. You will become part of a large and expanding design team, delivering airport planning services on a wide variety of projects both in the UK and overseas.
- You will be work as part of the Airport Planning team reporting to the Head of Aviation Planning
- You will be required to produce drawings, undertake analysis using a variety of models and computer packages, and write reports.
- On occasions you may be required to liaise with clients and essential stakeholders.
- As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an appointed mentor to help complete our Graduate Development Programme.
- Masters degree in Airport Planning, Aeronautical Engineering or a similar aviation focused degree.
- An inquisitive nature with a desire to learn.
- Experience of airport infrastructure planning and design
- Experience of Airport Planning (airside planning, terminals and airspace)
- Knowledge of International Aviation Planning Standards (e.g. ICAO, EASA, CAA regulations)
- Experience of AutoCad
- Experience of use of databases and GIS
- Experience of PathPlanner products Experience in Airport Modelling and Simulation tools (e.g. CAST, TAAM, bespoke tools)
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!