Graduate Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 120 geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, and tunnelling engineers, delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems. Our Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team provides technical support to a wide range of infrastructure projects throughout the UK, and worldwide.
As a result we’re looking for people who have the passion and drive to be involved with major geotechnical projects across a range of sectors: Rail, Highways, Utilities and Nuclear.
Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies
- Design development
- Supporting tendering procedures and preparing proposals
- Supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, subcontractors, sub-consultants and clients
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Compiling and checking reports
- Reviewing and checking project drawings
- Using a range of design computer packages for design projects and undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will hold an accredited MEng in Civil Engineering or a Degree in Engineering Geology or Geology with a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology. Relevant work experience would also be advantageous although not essential. We will also expect:
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong computer software skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on results and project delivery
- An interest in developing both technical and project management skills
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!