Graduate Consultant - Water
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have opportunity for a Graduate Consultant (Economics, Business Studies or Accountancy) within our water team in Leeds. The successful person(s) will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- As a Graduate Professional you will be working within the Consultancy team and could be working on regulatory assurance, business planning, costing, asset management and information systems. Responsibilities likely to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out consultancy functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Providing strategic consultancy advice to utility companies and regulators
- Working on audit and assurance consultancy projects
- Being part of a multi - disciplinary project team in a matrix environment integrated with the client
- Work within and influence an integrated Jacobs/client team and be seen as an exemplar strategist and business performance advisor
- Minimum of a 2:1 Degree or above in a business studies or economics related discipline
- Demonstrable academic achievement in one or more of the following areas: Regulation - Assurance, Plan Assessment, Plan Development, Strategic Advice, Retail Separation, Outcomes, Business Planning, Project and Programme Costing, Unit Costing, Whole Life Costing, Accounting Separation and Efficiency Assessment
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Masters Degree in a business studies or economics related discipline
- Awareness of regulation including the price review and business planning process
Start your journey with Jacobs
- Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline. Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!