Government Affairs Undergraduate
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Home to two of the world’s most iconic brands. At Jaguar Land Rover we are continually redefining the benchmark for excellence and setting the standards that others want to follow. And with increasing demand and even greater ambitions, finding the future innovators for our business has never been more important than now. That’s where you join the journey.
What to expect
The decisions of governments and regulators can have a huge impact on our business, its value and ability to do business. The role of Government Affairs (GA) is to understand the economics, structures and processes and how these impact Jaguar Land Rover as well as drive this understanding into business activities in collaboration with the business function. GA works to build internal and external advocates for Jaguar Land Rover to secure outcomes that create a positive trading environment for our business, educating and influencing the policymakers about our business, company purpose and values as well as overall contribution to local communities and UK plc.
- Manage international competitiveness and regional business portfolios within the team, creating stakeholder maps, engagement strategies, briefing notes, articles, letters, presentations and digital content as appropriate.
- Create evidence to support approach, including written submissions, research, statistics, case studies.
- Evaluate results against clearly defined objectives.
- Commission and co-ordinate information from the global GA team to maintain the key issues document to inform senior business meetings.
- Manage and maintain the GA timeline and grid of upcoming activity and meetings.
- Lead on visits and events planning and delivery for key external stakeholders, including liaison with the events team and responsibility for designing and implementing itineraries.
- Work flexibly across wider PR ‘one team’ to support shared projects in mission teams.
- Ensure JLR receives maximum benefit and VFM from its membership of SMMT, CBI, EEF and other bodies, by tracking activity and achievements.
- Monitor political and parliamentary landscape to provide ‘heads up’ to team and business and create evidence to inform our campaigns and broader approach.
- Support Head of UK GA and wider team as necessary.
What you’ll need
Excellence runs throughout our entire business. We expect you to be the same. Currently studying for a PR, Communications, Journalism or Media studies degree, you’ll be on track for at least a 2:2, and looking for a 12 month placement from June 2017 to June 2018. Driven, determined to learn and with impressive commercial awareness, you’ll have no doubts that our Public Relations Undergraduate programme is the next challenge for you. Please be aware that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to penultimate year students (i.e. students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us).
Duration - 12 months
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!