Supplier Technical Assistance - Engineering - Graduate
Our award-winning graduate and apprentice programmes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the next generation of vehicles you’ll help produce. In fact, we’ve designed our early careers programmes for you to shape the future with us. With opportunities right across our business, you’ll use your creativity to bring new ideas to life, develop specialist, commercial and project skills and push the boundaries of your potential.
What to Expect
The Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) team is responsible for supplier quality throughout our vehicle portfolio, interacting with every part that goes into our cars, ensuring we deliver excellence. As a graduate you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in almost every aspect of one of our cars’ life cycle.
There are many stakeholders including our suppliers that collaborate to create our products, and you’ll be able to gain exposure to many of these through structured placements. During these, you’ll have the opportunity to gain a wide variety of experiences, including:
- Managing the quality, development and implementation of new and existing components from our supply base.
- Developing your problem solving skills through part quality concerns, from new vehicle introduction through to warranty support on our cars.
- Assessing of processes and design feasibility to suit manufacturing requirements.
- Analysing timing plans for component and facility delivery, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Having genuine responsibility in supporting supplier selection and management.
- Applying Lean Manufacturing and Design principles in suppliers’ facilities.
- Determining process capability of equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
- Manufacturing assessments and diagnostics of new and existing supplier manufacturing facilities, including within European locations.
With ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll help drive our success across the world.
What You'll Need
Excellence runs throughout our entire business. We expect you to be the same. You should be currently studying for a degree in Engineering, Materials Science or Manufacturing and on track for at least a 2:2.
You’ll be a person who doesn’t shy away and grasps opportunity firmly with both hands, and with proven leadership experience and responsibility in managing projects, this will make you the perfect fit. If you’ve technical experience or exposure to the engineering industry through a past placement, as well as an interest in the automotive industry or related that’s even better.
We are looking for graduates with strong communication skills, who are able to present confidently whilst being eager to learn. Organisation, time-keeping and self-motivation are also attributes you must possess, and we’ll also need you to have a full driving license for commuting between sites and suppliers.
Duration: Twenty four months split into two placements, the first based in a manufacturing facility and the second tailored to your individual interests. This is followed by a year of mentoring and support in your first role.
Rewards and Benefits
- Joining us on a starting salary of £29,000, you’ll also receive a £2,000 joining bonus to welcome you to Jaguar Land Rover.
- A generous holiday allowance will also be yours, as will many other benefits such as our privilege car purchase scheme and our pension scheme. With on-site facilities like gyms and sports hall, plus regular social events, you’ll have plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too.
- With mentoring and coaching from industry-leading experts, you’ll work to a personal development plan tailored to your ambitions. In addition to this, we’ll support you gaining a professional accreditation relevant to your business area.
Jaguar Land Rover will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover are a multisite business, our opportunities could be based at any of our UK sites.
On making your application, please use your personal email address and NOT a University address.