Consumer Marketing Graduate Programme
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within one of our Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
In consumer marketing, you will be working with some of the most iconic brands in the FMCG healthcare sector. You could find yourself launching a new product or creating a multimedia campaign for a world-famous brand. Or you could uncover invaluable insights by looking at things from our customers’ point of view and develop innovative new ways to help consumers all over the world. Join us and you will do much more than market big brands. You will anticipate needs, shape new products and develop and market solutions that can positively impact people’s lives.
This is a 2-year linear development programme where you will elevate your skills as a marketing professional. If you have your sights set on becoming a brand manager and beyond then you will find this programme gives you the tools to get there.
Our Consumer goods brand marketing teams coordinate and manage all of the marketing activities conducted to promote our brands. These activities include consumer communications, advertisements, promotions, PR activities and digital activity across websites and social media.
Although you will be aligned to a brand initially, this does not mean that this is where you will stay. Your development is very much tailored to suit you and if there are broader opportunities for you to move brands or work on projects or join one of our specialist teams in digital marketing or marketing insights then these opportunities will be explored to facilitate your development.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Involvement in brand strategy planning
- Development of new product concepts
- Responsibility for the brand budget
- Briefing creative agencies
- Product tracking
- Variety of challenging projects
- Supporting brand managers in ad-hoc work
- Coordination with other departments
Requirements of the role:
- A recognised degree qualification at a 2:1 or above
- Business and economics degree types preferred
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK for the full duration of the role
- Full UK driving licence
Key skills and competencies:
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent analytical and reporting ability
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to interpret and understand complex information such as financial and market data
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritise
- Passion for working in the consumer sector with an understanding of the industry
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!