Commercial Marketing Graduate Programme (Pharmaceuticals)
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world both now and throughout your future at J&J.
Our rotational graduate programme based in our UK pharmaceutical business, Janssen, is designed to give you the opportunity of structured development and equip you to become a future leader in the organization. We offer 2 one year rotations across multiple functions. At least one of these rotations will help develop your skills within marketing and the other will give you exposure to a different functional area vital to our business, such as Communications, Business Intelligence or Multichannel. These rotations aim to provide graduates with an intense, stretching and rewarding learning environment and to provide them with the key underpinnings to a future career at J&J.
These functions are an integral part of our pharmaceutical business. Marketing teams are responsible for ensuring that life changing treatments meet patient needs in disease areas such as Haematology, Immunology, HIV, Neuroscience and Oncology. Our Marketing functions lead the development and implementation of strategy and associated campaigns for our sales team to execute. During the year you spend in marketing, you will be part of a specific therapy area team and will have responsibility and accountability for driving the tactical execution of our brand strategy. . This could include activity related to product launches and events, digital media and mobile technologies used by our sales force. Through developing and showcasing your leadership skills, this can also provide a great platform for future leadership opportunities within the organization long term to be a future leader in the business.
During this two year programme you may also have the chance to work towards an externally recognised master’s qualification (CIMA) and become ABPI qualified.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the development of the marketing strategy and campaign
- Leading and implementing tactics aligned to the strategy such as digital campaigns, sales team materials and customer segmentation
- Input into the overall commercial strategy based on insights and customer behaviours
- Full responsibility and accountability for managing your own individual projects within limits of time and budget, delivering value to the business
- Input and responsibility for translating health economic cost effective models to the sales force
- Understanding and interpreting business intelligence data to support territory mapping, target customer coverage, regional analysis and potential/penetration analysis
Requirements of the role:
- A recognised degree qualification at a 2:1 or above
- Business, physical science, engineering and economics degree types preferred
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK for the full duration of the role
Key skills and competencies:
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and create insightful reports
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to interpret and understand complex information such as scientific and financial data
- Excellent, organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritise
- Passion for working in pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of the business model