Finance - Industrial Placement
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Whether it’s making a major investment in developing new products or providing global brands to our customers at affordable prices - finance is at the heart of our business. We partner with all of our different teams to help the business keep growing and make important decisions to meet the needs of our customers, making every penny count. When you join Johnson and Johnson as a Finance Placement Student you will embark on an industrial placement year that gives you a high level of exposure to commercial decision making and places you at the very heart of our business.
Our finance roles cover three main areas:
- Finance & Financial Accounting
- Commercial Analytics
- Contracts and Pricing
Finance/Financial Account: In our Consumer, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices businesses you will find yourself working alongside senior finance and accounting professionals to support our commercial functions. You will be involved in accounting activities, support pricing strategies for new products and will carry reporting and analytical responsibilities for financial information in your area.
Commercial Analyst: As a Commercial Analyst you are responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial analysis to influence decisions. You will also provide analysis to business partners including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting and retrospective reporting of sales, league tables and commission calculations. This role will also be involved in wide ranging cross-functional work streams.
Contracts & Pricing: As part of the contracts and pricing team you will be instrumental in supporting the team with designing pricing strategies in-line with company structures. You could find yourself collating wording for contracts or analysing current supplier arrangements to enable good commercial outcomes. This is not a traditional finance role but will still utilise financial principles but with a more commercial leaning. You will find yourself carrying out detailed data analysis to creating presentations and delivering this information in various mediums to different parts of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities
Duties vary between different departments
- Involvement in financial planning and forecasting for 6 countries in Northern Europe
- Reporting planned and actual figures within the company and to corporate head quarters
- Reviewing and evaluating financial statements
- Applying and interpreting accounting theory and corporate financial policies
- Working with the commercial teams to manage spending
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of intercompany payable transactions
- Engaging with the UK cross sector and international teams to investigate and resolve ad hoc issues
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation in areas of responsibility
- Maintaining the finance intranet site
- Collaborating on team projects and driving process efficiencies
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Accounting and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Sciences and Business related degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Competent and skilled using Microsoft Excel
- Confident and outgoing communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships through communication
- Ability to relay challenging or complex messages
- Strong team working skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent level of analytical ability
- Assertive and diplomatic
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyse situations
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ambition
The assessment centres for these positions will be:
- Finance - 28th, 29th November, 6th December
- Contracts & Pricing, Commercial Analytics - 17th January
Please note these positions will close for application on the 15th November 2018