IT & Digital Industrial Placement
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
As the IT Placement - Consumer in Maidenhead, you could be working within our Digital IT Team, alongside the Northern European Digital Engagement Leader & the Digital Marketing team to help drive world class Digital capabilities, including eCommerce, Web, Mobile, CRM, Social, Digital Asset Management, in support of digital brand marketing and digital product development.
Alternatively, you could be working within our IT project management team, working alongside the Portfolio and Project Office (PPO) Lead to drive effective and efficient project management through the application of standard tools and processes, ultimately with the goal of improving project management in the Consumer EMEA region. You will have exposure to a wide variety of projects and have the opportunity to build relationships across a broad range of project teams, providing training and coaching to project managers to ensure they are set up for success. You will be responsible for ensuring that project teams are utilizing the processes and tools to effectively manage scope, schedule, financials and resources.
As the IT Placement – Medical Devices in Leeds, you will be working within a Research and Development (R&D) and manufacturing environment; the successful candidate will install and evaluate IT hardware and software and troubleshoot problem areas. The role will provide strong experience for someone wishing to have a career in IT within a laboratory/ manufacturing environment.
Consumer - Digital
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain emersion into the exciting and rapidly evolving Digital Marketing space, main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Supports the activation and execution of key digital programs (CRM, eCommerce, Web, Mobile, Social, Digital Asset Management)
Brand Website Support
Communicate with Brand Teams, Agencies, and Development Teams to determine requirements, assets, launch dates, and UAT.
Attend periodic calls with Brand Teams and Digital Strategists to review current projects in flight, and to review upcoming Demand.
Processing of regulatory documents supporting website changes as required i.e. DARM, BPRA, etc.
- Collaborate and interact with business and agency partners to ensure appropriate utilization, leverage and investment in internal standards and products.
- Support the maintenance of the digital portfolio, inventories and program/business activation roadmaps, tracking corresponding value metrics.
- Consults and partners with Product Owners and Technology Services (technical build team) in the technical discovery process for potential digital projects and provides technical expertise on feasibility of requirements and capabilities of products and technical resources.
- Supports end-to-end delivery of digital projects of all sizes, including internal and external collaborations, resource management, incident management, vendor management, planning/budgeting, and day-to-day project delivery in partnership with Digital Strategists, brands and PMx.
- Oversees service levels with internal and external partners.
- Learn about the project management discipline and associated tools (J&J project management tool, MS Project, Tableau, JIRA)
Consumer – IT
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a thorough emersion into the project management field within the IT space and will require someone who can demonstrate their capabilities of a technical nature but also their ability to engage with stakeholders to keep projects moving forward
Learn about the project management discipline and associated tools (J&J project management tool, MS Project, Tableau, JIRA)
- Assist the EMEA PPO team with on-boarding new projects onto the J&J project management tool
- Manage the monthly PPO EMEA newsletter in line with the J&J project management communication strategy
- Support project teams with ad hoc questions/queries regarding the J&J project management tool and process
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the effectiveness of the J&J project management tool and process
- Effectively communicate with users, stakeholders and PPO Leadership
- Assist support teams in troubleshooting applications in subject matter areas
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in business processes through technology, assist in analyzing, designing, programming, implementing, and integrating computer applications
- Troubleshoots existing and new program applications
- Installs and conduct basic testing on IT hardware and software
- Operates and provides basic technical support for information management applications including data networking, database design, hardware and software configuration, software development, systems design, training, and security
- Performs support aspects of application development, from analysis through implementation
- Compiles and stores necessary documentation, application designs, project plans, and computer code
- Assists in supporting current systems and implements new features as requested
- Reads and interprets computer logic flowcharts for analysis and integration
- Provides preliminary research on and implements applications upgrades, enhancements, and required modifications to keep current and meet the end-user needs
- Supports the maintenance of local area networks and wide area networks utilizing basic network management applications and common industry diagnostic tools and technologies
Requirements of the role:
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- IT related or Management degrees preferred
- A knowledge of Digital Fundamentals, Digital Marketing and the role of Product Owner
Key skills and competencies:
- Positive attitude
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Accepting of change
- Strength of convictions – will not accept second best
- Credible – Accountable for decisions
- Results focused
- Organized – able to cope with extensive documentation
- Analytical skills with ability to be detail-oriented
- Honest and open
- Communication, networking and influencing skills
- Sets high standards – for self and teams on which participates
Specific Technical Skills
Essential – (role dependant)
- MS Windows Windows7 – 10
- Microsoft Office Tools (PowerPoint, MS Project, Word, EXCEL)
- Fluent with all Social Tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…)
- Consumer: ideally experience on projects either as a team member or project manager
- Consumer: understanding of Project Management concepts/methodologies
- MS Windows Vista/Win2k/Windows7 – 10
- Microsoft Office Tools (PowerPoint, MS Project, Word, EXCEL)
Nice to Have
- MS Project / MS Project Server
- Process analysis
- Agile project management process knowledge