JM Graduate Programme - Commercial
You know that the world we operate in is changing - global competitors, increasingly complex buying processes, and multiple internal and external stakeholders are just a few of the challenges we face. You’ll recognise that we must keep innovating to meet customer needs while continuing to sustain our competitive advantage. As a graduate on our Commercial career path you’ll experience an early career that’s customer focused and challenging. You’ll have the opportunity to learn what we do across different commercial areas and industry sectors, helping to drive innovation and growth. Developing highly transferable skills as you go, you could find yourself involved in business development, market research or in driving best commercial practice across the organisation.
The core program lasts for 2-years during which you will experience three 8-month placements within your chosen career path each in a different business and JM location in the UK. This results in an exciting opportunity to advance your career as well as quickly experience and develop a breadth of understanding of one of the world’s leading companies in sustainable technologies. In addition to providing a robust and challenging program, we also believe strongly in mentoring and coaching and so you will be assigned a senior mentor who will provide support and career advice to you throughout your journey on the graduate program. The practical experience of each 8-month placement will be underpinned by a substantive training and development program with a curriculum specifically designed to build the critical leadership skills needed in the workplace.
After 2-years and at the end of the core program you may have found your niche and landed your perfect role. We will make sure your transition from the graduate program is smooth, and you’ll still have access to your mentor to help you keep focussed on achieving your long term ambitions in JM.
Alternatively, at the end of the core program you may want to take advantage of an optional third year. This would involve a highly challenging placement, perhaps an international assignment or a secondment into a completely different function or career path. This additional year will help you hone your skills and ambition further, either deepening your level of expertise or giving you an alternative perspective.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- A degree in a Business related field, Engineering (e.g. chemical, manufacturing etc.), Chemistry or Materials Science
- Minimum 2.1 required, coupled with a strong academic track record
- Must be mobile and willing to relocate within the UK to facilitate placement rotations over a period of two years.
- Demonstrated leadership skills essential; must be adaptable, strive for excellence and demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of adversity
- Strong interpersonal skills a must, coupled with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships to achieve results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills essential
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!