We are looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic Process Engineer to join our team here in Johnson Matthey.
The incumbent needs a complete understanding of the chemistry used in Chemical and Refinery processes. The incumbent must be able to see projects through from start to finish including conception, design specification of equipment, drafting scheduling, health and safety planning, obtaining quotes from vendors and contractors, supervising installation, start-up and debugging, and transfer to production which includes written procedures and maintenance schedules.
This position is a hands-on role whose main purpose is to introduce innovative process engineering and design improvements within the Refining Operation. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of new process equipment and for the modifications to existing equipment as part of the wider technical effort in support of the strategic plan and proposed program of asset renewal.
- Provides process engineering support and troubleshooting to meet all production & customer commitments
- Initiates process improvements to ensure the refinery can run at the design throughput level, maximising process yields and product purity and/or lower production costs
- Evaluate experimentation carried out by the Development Process Chemists to determine scaled up process modification and efficiencies at pilot and plant scale application
- Designing plant and process equipment configuration to provide a versatile operation capable of refining the wide range of feeds yet maintaining quality and processing efficiencies
- Understand the capability of designed and installed processes particularly with a focus on the scale-up and scale-down of processes within the equipment design and configuration
- Select appropriate process modelling tools and techniques
- Optimising production by analysing refining processes to determine bottlenecks and then reviewing engineering solutions to resolve them
- Undertake root cause analysis or other directed problem solving techniques
- Ensure good communications with the Global Refining team, local technical teams, Engineering functions, Production & where necessary, external contacts
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures and making decisions about the selection and purchase of materials or services
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering based subject or equivalent experience
- Chartered Engineer through a relevant professional body
- Strong experience as Chemical/Process Engineer with sound technical background
- Experience of structured problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean
- Proven track record of translating technology into business competitive advantage
- Willingness to get involved in the business at ground level to understand the complexities of the refining flow
- Ability to analyse, report and take actions based upon the information received
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timescales
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!