Stream Technical Lead
We are looking for a highly experienced and quality focused Manufacturing Stream Technical Lead to support our team based in Royston.
The job holder's main responsibility will be to ensure and improve the quality of the products and processes in the production department, improve costs and material efficiency performance. This includes the application of problem solving methodologies, working to the IATF 16949 standard and the use of Lean principles and methodologies. The job holder will be working on both short - and long term projects to sustain and improve performance of the departments
- Contributes to H&S projects, raises and solves concerns and is seen as an example to the rest of the team
- Is responsible for the quality of the products and processes in the departments
- Deals with internal and external quality complaints in a timely manner
- Together with the production support team, sets and updates process instructions in the departments
- Will initiate and lead 4CP (internal problem solving methodology) projects to solve major issues
- Will be the first point of contact for customers and organises audits and visits
- Will lead and initiate Capital Expenditure projects and will be the main point of contact for the engineering team and external contractors
- Maintenance of all ISO and IATF relevant documentation
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Qualification in a relevant technical subject or equivalent experience
- Understanding of scientific/investigative techniques including: root cause analysis; ability to clearly portray hypotheses, experiment plans and business benefits or impacts associated with
- Experience of planning and carrying out investigations in a structured way
- Good computer skills including all MS Office programs and preferably an understanding of a statistics package, i.e. Minitab.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be an advantageous
- A good understanding of Lean and continuous improvement methods
- Excellent communication and building relationship skills
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
- A practical, systematic and logical approach to problem solving
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!