Process Safety Sandwich Year Placement
Are you studying towards an engineering degree, have strong technical and organisational skills with a great enthusiasm – this 12 month placement is for you!
We are looking for highly skilled and driven individuals to support the development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy for Refining & Chemicals Europe.
The successful applicants will be part of a core process safety engineering team to ensure focus and delivery of all activities regarding process safety. Support the development of Engineering Standards and PHA programme.
- Assist with the implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy for both Brimsdown and Royston
- Help populate the register of all Process Safety related activities on site, ensuring PHRs/SILS/FMEAs are in place with associated “Basis of Safety” guidance for each process
- Support closure of actions from hazard studies and gap analysis
- Support DSEAR/ATEX compliance programme at both sites
- Assist in the population of the sites register of “Safety Critical Devices”
- Devise and implement engineering standards for R&CE incorporating best practice from other sites
- Provide engineering input into capital projects
- Maintain and follow H & S, Environmental, Quality and Security Systems
- Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering penultimate year student
- Previous work experience/summer internship is desirable
- Good knowledge and proficiency in writing technical reports
- Good knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering principles
- Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practices and standards
- Good understanding of Hazard Study methodologies (HAZOP / LOPA etc) is desirable
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!