Regional Commercial Manager
We are looking to recruit a business savvy Commercial Manager to join our Precious Metals Management team based in Royston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for finding and developing new platinum-group metal business opportunities in Europe while managing and growing existing core/strategic customer accounts. Additionally, you will help to source and dispose precious metals for the JM Group's business units' coverage requirements, to identify opportunities which will provide further trading business to maximise profits and PMM's operating cash flow and to manage price risk according to Group policy.
- Retain and grow existing platinum-group metals accounts in Europe, while also developing new business in line with PMM and Group strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the global PMM commercial team and cross-sector business teams on sales and supply-chain opportunities involving new and existing accounts in the U.S, Europe, Asia, or other regions.
- To build on existing relationships and develop new links with market counterparts to ensure that business opportunities for JM are optimised.
- To provide an efficient and competitive coverage service to Group operating units for precious metals and to ensure adherence to group trading limits.
- To be aware at all times of the market situation, price, liquidity, etc. for these metals.
- To attain a first class understanding of procedures, products and mechanisms adopted by formal and informal precious metal markets and be aware at all times of metal process and market situations, providing advice and assistance to all group business units.
- To understand the supply agreements between JM and our main suppliers.
- Independently manage a travel regimen as dictated by business levels and customer requirements.
- To work within the constraints of the above, to endeavour through our sales efforts to optimise trading margin so that annual budget targets are met.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Business/Science required or equivalent experience
- Commercial skills, maximising value recovery and cost control
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate numbers and details to make robust and commercially valid decisions
- Excellent negotiating and diplomacy skills combined with the confidence and resilience
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills showing empathy, approachability and a fair considered approach
- Ability to rapidly assess potential risks, benefits and consequences of business decisions
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing environment
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters
- Ability to achieve results under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Business and Strategic awareness
The incumbent will be expected to work at Royston. They will also be expected to travel to and within Europe and overseas to North America or Asia on occasions.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!