Capex Delivery Coordinator
The Capex Delivery Coordinator is the catalyst for establishing the Capex portfolio and progressing the front end project work. From the development of the portfolio to monitoring and reporting of its progress to project completion, the Capex Delivery Coordinator will be the first point of call for stakeholders.
The Delivery Coordinator must engage with departments to collate and prioritise project proposals, define scope, and drive the review process until the final budget is established. By keeping abreast of project performance, especially during initiation, and understanding the project's critical path, adequate resourcing can be assured from an operational and internal customer perspective.
- To ensure that all projects delivered are demonstrably safe, meeting all internal and external EHS compliance standards
- Management of a small team (of 3) including a technical author and project accountant
- Coordinates with Brimsdown and Royston Production Managers and Site Representatives to align priorities
- Responsible for ensuring that all members of the Projects team working under your supervision effectively perform their roles as defined in the JM Project Delivery process
- Supports the Projects Manager in managing projects on the capital portfolio and monitors the schedule.
- Lead the early stages capital projects to get them into the detailed design
- Liaising with the operations structure to translate operational requirements into conceptual best practice
- Provides Technical and Project Management input into commencement of new projects
- Supports Project Managers to ensure that allocated projects are properly scoped, specified, designed safely, commissioned and managed on time, to quality standard
- To ensure appropriate risk identification and mitigation in all phases of the Project Life Cycle
- Ensure appropriate communication and leadership of all stakeholders
- Coordinates with Projects Manager/Project Steering forums of situations where resource constraints threaten the delivery of projects
- Supports the project engineers and department heads in ensuring the allocation and release of CAPEX funds occur as scheduled and within budget.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Qualified to degree level in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong Project Management Experience within refining/process/chemical manufacturing industry
- Experience of delivering projects in high hazard operating environments
- IT literate. Able to use full MS office suite.
- Familiar with Hazard study methodology and stages
- Excellent communication and outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Ability to rapidly assess potential risks, benefits and consequences of decisions
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing environment
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters
- Ability to achieve results under pressure/deadlines
The incumbent will be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites as required. They may also be expected to travel overseas on occasions.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!