We are currently recruiting for the Analytical Chemist (CAT) support to our team in Royston, to work as part of the Chemical Analysis Team (CAT) preparing and analysing samples for the Refining and Chemicals business.
The successful candidate will be conducting analysis by using safe established methods and strict adherence to procedure. The majority of the analysis performed is of a routine nature and is targeted at the quickest possible turnaround time.
- To ensure all regulations with regard to EHS and security are strictly observed
- To prepare and analyse samples submitted by approved procedure with due regard to required accuracy, precision and delivery times
- To ensure work is performed at minimum cost by making efficient use of time, Equipment and materials
- To attend approved training courses as requested
- To ensure that the integrity of the samples and process are maintain at all times
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry based subject (HNC Minimum) or equivalent
- Previous experience working in an Analytical laboratory
- Working knowledge of classical, inorganic wet chemical techniques
- Ability to learn and follow procedures
- High level of numeracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and keep accurate records
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Health and Safety Awareness
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Candidate will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!