We are looking for an experienced Security Officer to join Johnson Matthey Team based in Royston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing security to the site by internal and external patrolling, access and egress control and other duties that exceed customer requirements and complies with the Assignment Instructions, with a focus on customer service and care.
- Control of movements on and off site
- Reception of visitors and/or contractors
- Extensive site, people and vehicle searches
- Monitoring the protective security systems - namely alarms, CCTV systems and other computerised equipment - taking appropriate action where necessary
- Site patrols/escorts
- Involvement in individual and team projects
- Carry out all relevant duties in a professional and confidential manner
- Provide a reasonable degree of flexibility and additional cover as required
- Inform the Team Leader of any difficulties encountered in carrying out the above - to enable appropriate resolution of difficulties either by self and/or higher management
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by relevant manager
Are you the ideal candidate?
- GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Basic IT skills are needed; you will be required to operate IT based systems and to compile incident logs/reports
- Self-confident individual with practical ability to use your initiative when required
- Ability to work with and without supervision
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Pro-active approach to learning and development
We offer competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to: excellent company pension scheme, free lunch, 25 days annual leave, solid training and development programme, medical cash plan, attractive company bonus scheme, share incentive plan and many more!
Candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!