Technical Trainer (Process Skills)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Trainer to deliver and support training on foundation knowledge and understanding of chemical processes.
The successful candidate will ensure that our staff are trained and can demonstrate competence to carry out their tasks and responsibilities in line with current legislation and industry standards. They will also monitor and support the delivery and assessment of high quality on the job training within our operational areas.
This all feeds into ensuring our people are safe and competent to complete their jobs to the required standard.
With the support of our Process Safety team design, create and deliver training on chemical reaction hazards
- With the support of our technical experts' design, create and deliver training to give our operators a basic understanding of chemistry and metallurgy
- Deliver "train the trainer" training for those delivering on-the-job training in departments
- Train "on-the-job" assessors to ensure high quality and accurate competency assessments are being carried out
- Audit "on-the-job" assessors" to ensure that the high quality of competency assessments is maintained
- Work with engineering to deliver training on basic asset care to operators
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of assessment of competency
- Experience of working in a high hazard industrial environment
- Proven track record in delivering effective, interactive technical training to large audiences
- Excellent delivery, presentation, facilitation and classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Customer-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Successful candidate will be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites as required.
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!