Technical Trainer (Equipment)
We are looking for a skilled professional with the enthusiasm to deliver technical training and support our growing Learning and Development team.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver and support training on industrial equipment to ensure that our people are safe and competent to complete their jobs to the required standard.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated professionals with a pro-active approach, can use their initiative and have good organisational and planning skills. You will need to display good oral and written communication skills and be able to create and maintain strong working relationships at all levels including good time management and presentation skills.
- To deliver training and assess competency on the use of all fork lift trucks across both sites (this includes the recording of proof of competency and issue of access fobs/ cards for the forklifts)
- To deliver training and assess competency on a range of equipment and associated skills used across both sites. This includes (but is not limited to) Overhead Crane, Electric Pallet Truck, Breathing Apparatus, and Banksman
- To deliver training on key maintenance processes including permit to work, LOTO and Management of Change
- To support with the delivery of department specific training (e.g. sourcing and organising technical specialist training for Engineering - e.g. Plastic Welding)
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Qualification in training delivery
- Qualification in Forklift Truck Driving would be an advantage
- Self-motivated to strive for professional excellence in all aspects of work
- Experience of working in an industrial environment
- Proven track record in delivering effective, interactive technical training to large audiences
- Excellent delivery, presentation, facilitation and classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Customer-focused team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Successful candidate will be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites as required.
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!