Regulatory Compliance Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly professional Regulatory Compliance Officer to join our Sales and Marketing team based in Royston.
The successful candidate will ensure the refining intakes, off site refining material and chemical products are moved on and off from JM and customer sites in compliance of relevant legislation. You will support customers and the inside sales team in maintaining JM compliance to both COMAH and reach requirements as well as provide expert advice to the commercial team, value added service to customers and training where appropriate.
- EHS approval of all incoming material for Refining
- Gathering information from customers to allow preparation of an internal use SDS by centralised function
- COMAH classification of all incoming material for Refining. Tracking material through refining process, ensuring labelled appropriately
- Customer assistance with Amber notifications. This will include assistance for Noble Metals clean down material
- Preparation of Amber notifications for outgoing material
- Ensuring all green material arrives with appropriate paperwork, working with internal JM customers and external customers
- Preparation of paperwork for green material leaving Brimsdown and overseeing paperwork at Noble Metals for similar material requiring onward processing
- Provide training
- To write policies and technical documents where required
- To keep up to date on all relevant legislation and update the business as required
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- BSc Hons in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent
- Knowledge of COMAH, Waste and REACH regulations
- The underpinning legislative knowledge to interact with sales teams and customers
- Experience working across different functional boundaries eg. Operations, Commercial and EHS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and present complex data sets
- Ability to build strong sustainable relationships with customers
- Ability to gain trust and confidence with clients
- Ability to effectively build rapport with and influence internal and external customers
- Ability to think laterally, innovate and adapt technologies in the creation of new products or solutions for customers
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!