ProCat Production Manager
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated Production Manager to join our team in Royston.
Reporting to the Chemical Products Production Manager, the ProCat Production Manager is accountable for the day to day running of the ProCat department, including the wet area, dry area and small scale production plants and the ZeoCat department.
The role is responsible for the delivery of metrics such as production targets and cost, along with ensuring that EHS, Quality and Security standards are adhered to. The job holder will be responsible for delivery of continuous improvements and a LEAN culture. In addition, to focus on talent management and personal development of the team with the aim of producing a pipeline of talent to meet strategic succession planning requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a career path with progression. The ideal candidate should be a motivated and driven individual with an analytical outlook to problem solving.
- Provide EHS leadership in order to improve processes, equipment, staff awareness and training to ensure EHS improvement and delivery against KPI's and regulatory/corporate needs
- Alongside Supply Chain teams, ensure efficient scheduling and reviewing of workload to ensure production output and delivery targets are achieved cost effectively
- Work with Engineering to identify critical equipment, develop preventive maintenance and asset lifecycle care, including strategic replacement of equipment
- Through a focus on operational discipline help create common and collaborative systems and procedures across Chemical Products
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support/improve job performance (experience, ability, competence)
- Manage the leadership of existing and future Team Leaders and team members with the aim of producing a pipeline of talent to meet strategic succession planning requirements
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering based subject or equivalent experience
- Experience of structured problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data, SPC control, statistical understanding would be advantageous
- Good understanding of EHS management principles
- Experience of implementing talent and workforce planning strategies, organisation design
- Demonstrable experience of organising, prioritising and managing large teams
- Able to give and receive clear and unbiased information
- Adaptable and positive when faced with change
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!