Graduate Opportunities in Procurement
The Procurement Team has the responsibility of managing and overseeing all third party spend for both direct and indirect materials and services for the organisation. The Procurement Team are experts in their respective categories of packaging, meats, dairy, ingredients and indirect materials and services such as energy, engineering and facilities management.
Your role as a procurement analyst will involve working with category buyers in all aspects of the sourcing process, working closely with the various manufacturing sites and supply partners. Fundamental responsibilities of this role will include:
1. Category/Market Analysis: Provide category and market insight by analysing both category and market data which will lead to development of sourcing and supply plans.
2. Cross Functional Relationships: Monitoring usage/demand by co-ordinating with site supply chains. Working with R&D to introduce new materials and to identify potential new sources.
3. Strategic Sourcing: Closely working with category buyers to source the highest quality materials and services at the best price using a range of tools including tendering.
4. Cost Saving Pipeline: Jointly working with category buyers to develop and execute a cost savings pipeline.
5. Supplier Management: Working with the category buyers to negotiate contracts and manage supplier performance to ensure quality and service requirements are met.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Business, Management, Agribusiness, Food Science or Engineering
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- History of high achievement and delivery
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Happy to relocate across UK, Ireland and Europe as needed
- A second language is desirable
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!