Graduate Civil Engineer
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
What you’ll do:
As a Civil Graduate you will be an integral part of a fast and dynamic team, working on some of the most exciting and complex projects within our Utilities division including Severn Trent Water Framework; Anglian Water and various other contracts.
Working with our experienced engineers you will receive constant technical support to quickly gain knowledge and experience. You’ll work alongside, and be mentored by strategic and operational engineering professionals.
You’ll learn key skills such as front end studies such as surveying projects on site, estimating, assisting with the preparation of survey reports, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules. Preparing technical and contract documentation; such as scope reports. Prepare programs using MS project. Undertake outline and detailed design where applicable, both individually (under supervision) and as part of a wider team, for projects within specified timescales. Review of subcontractors design. Carry out value engineering and offer alternative solutions to schemes already specified where applicable. Respond to customers’ requests for technical services or support in relation to the projects being carried out by the business.
Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports. You will liaise with subcontractors and suppliers. Prepare method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for construction activities. Site visits to carry out quality control through inspections and snagging. Assisting projects with financial control of contracts during construction stage.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ + 8 bank holidays
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What you need to qualify:
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.1 or above in Civil Engineering.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!