Graduate Traffic Management Engineer – Highways
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Where you’ll work:
Kier Highways have designed over £1bn of projects in two years, managing and maintaining more tunnels for strategic roads in the UK than any other provider. We design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems, covering strategic and nationally important roads, and in total look after 50,000km of road network across the UK for Highways England, London Highways Alliance, Transport for London and several local authorities.
What you’ll do:
As a Graduate Traffic Management Engineer you will:
- Work with the traffic management designers to produce traffic management drawings
- Drive the Network to aid traffic management design
- Work with traffic management crews to find out how traffic management is installed
- Disseminate planned works to all that require the information within Area 6/8 contract
- Wherever possible combine traffic management schemes to reduce costs and network occupancy
- Ensure the Area 6/8 Kier traffic management fleet are fully utilised
- Liaise closely with network occupancy and delivery teams
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ + 8 bank holidays
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What you need to qualify:
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.2 or above on a Construction Management or Engineering related programme and accredited by a professional body.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!