2019 Graduate Planner
Are you looking to begin your career as a Planner whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
Your role as a Graduate Planner in Major Projects will include the following:
- To assist the planning team to deliver planning in support of securing new works ensuring delivery with sustainable margins and within the required programmes to meet all contractual obligations.
- Develop and agree with team / supply chain design, procurement, construction and commissioning programmes.
- Work with the design management team to produce full design information release schedules and support their management and monitoring.
- Assist with agreeing with the project team logistics and sequencing strategies and produce pictorial representations.
- To implement the divisional strategy and all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management.
- To promote Kier Group’s values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations and fulfil the vision of becoming the most highly respected company in the industry.
We have offices and projects throughout the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- National Graduate Induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ + 8 bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What you need to qualify:
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.1 or above in a Construction (engineering or construction) related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.