UK Supply Chain Graduate
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. Kimberly-Clark hold No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in 80 countries and employs 42,500 employees.
That’s amazing! To think that what we do touches someone’s life every single day. And the products we produce really do make lives better. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of this?
If you genuinely want to get your career off to a flying start and be part of a fast-paced Global organisation, where you have the autonomy to make decisions, drive real business results and will be given opportunities to grow and be supported, then this is the right Graduate scheme for you!
The Supply Chain function underpins almost every aspect of our business from the purchase of raw materials to delivery of products to our customers and managing customer orders and deliveries, providing a wealth of placement opportunities. With the team spanning Europe, The Middle East and Africa, your projects will also have a distinct international flavour.
Kimberly-Clark is an innovative business looking for talented graduates to join our two-year graduate programme based in Brighton, Reigate or Kings Hill.
The Graduate Role:
You will be assigned 3 x 8 month placements across Supply Chain functions such as planning, procurement and logistics, during which you could have the opportunity to experience working with our well-known and loved household brands such as Andrex®, Kleenex®, Huggies® as well as Kimberly-Clark Professional®.
We provide you with real responsibility, cross-functional projects, senior-level visibility, formal technical training, softer skills courses and a real impact on important FMCG products.
Across the placements you will develop skills that range across:
- Analysing industry data
- Mediating information through to category managers
- Product planning and forecasting of the product life cycle
- Category Procurement across EMEA
- Development of deals and cost-saving strategies
- Negotiating & Influencing
At Kimberly-Clark we make sure each graduate has a comprehensive support network. We allocate a buddy to each graduate in their first year – usually a graduate scheme predecessor. You will also be supported by a senior mentor for the duration of the programme.
In addition to specific technical training, you will also complete a Professional Development Training Programme (PDP) that will cover presentation skills, influencing skills, personal effectiveness and business effectiveness.
Kimberly-Clark’s graduate programme is the springboard to growing your career within a multinational organisation. We are proud to fast track our graduates through our organisations so that you can progress quickly and unleash your power to your full potential!
We’re committed to sourcing the best graduate talent in the country. If you are a bright, driven graduate and have the following skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 2:1 degree (expected or achieved) in any degree-discipline completed within the last 3 years
- Minimum of 3 B’s at A-level
- Prior commercial work experience is desirable
- Fluent in English - both verbal and written
- Knowledge of a European language would be desirable
- Strong influencing and communication skills; clearly conveying thoughts and ideas to others
- Numerically-minded and comfortable working with data
- An effective collaborator who likes to work with others to solve problems and drive results
Life after the Graduate Scheme:
You will be on a two year, fixed-term contract during our Graduate programme. Once you have successfully completed this, we will work with you to find a permanent role.
Examples of roles that our previous Graduates have recently moved into include Tactical Planner, Senior Buyer and Vendor Relationship Manager.
You will continue to receive ongoing support during your career at K-C and be given opportunities to really push yourself and develop your true potential, to become a future Supply Chain Leader.
Salary and Benefits:
At Kimberly-Clark, we know how hard our graduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to our business and because of this, we offer the people who join us the following;
A competitive package, including:
- £25,500 starting salary + 6% bonus potential + £1,000 ‘Golden Hello’
- If relocating, temporary accommodation and support whilst you find somewhere to live
- 25 days’ holiday
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
You are also able to take advantage of our flexible benefits:
- Holiday trading – ability to buy additional or sell excess holiday
- Share purchase plan
- Dental care plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Health screening
- Gym membership
- Personal lease green car scheme
- Personal mobile phone and iPad scheme
- Shopping discount vouchers
- Sabbatical bank
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!