Period of recognised training
A Period of Recognised Training is your opportunity to experience different practice areas and acquire first-class legal skills.
Your two-year Period of Recognised Training will be split into four seats, and we do our best to provide experience in the seats of your choice. For each seat you will be allocated a personal mentor who will work closely with you to ensure that your training is interesting, varied and challenging. You will be encouraged to take on a significant level of responsibility and to be involved in all aspects of the work, marketing, networking and client service of the practice group you are working in.
The primary objectives of the training program are to:
Enable you to undertake work and training to ensure you develop excellent legal skills.
Build your professional confidence.
Introduce you to the foundations of management, networking and client service, skills which will be key as your career progresses.
What you can expect from a Period of Recognised Training at K&L Gates:
- Training seats suited to your interests.
- Early responsibility and client liaison.
- Support and guidance from partners.
- An open-door policy where people are approachable and genuinely ready to assist.
- Access to lectures, seminars, discussions and comprehensive training to sharpen your skills and give you a competitive advantage.
- Extensive opportunities to become involved in pro bono and CSR initiatives.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!