Hardware Engineering Placement
At L3 Commercial Aviation we exist to make air travel safer and more efficient via our commitment to being agile and innovative. Innovation is in our DNA. We use our experience and insight to look at things from a different angle and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Our combined breadth of expertise enables us to lead the market, developing new game-changing technologies and solutions that make the commercial aviation landscape safer. From our RealitySeven full flight simulators to our handheld devices and simulation-based training tools we provide user-friendly, engaging systems to enhance business operations.
We’re looking for the next generation who will continue to innovate in our business and deliver to our customers within the aviation industry. Our placements opportunities will see you gaining invaluable experience in the real world. You will be working alongside industry experts where you will share in the everyday challenges, develop new skills and acquire a fascinating insight into our business.
As a Hardware Undergraduate Placement you will be working with a large community of Hardware Engineers (as well as Systems and Software Engineers), where you will be supporting our state of the art product with hardware and system design, development, integration and test of flight simulator devices. This typically is the full development life cycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory certification. It includes aircraft data analysis and design, the development of in house design models and the integration of hardware, third party hardware and model from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors. We work in a dedicated, goal orientated atmosphere on a wide range of technologies and platforms. Our state of the art facility is based in Crawley, West Sussex, where we deliver high quality programmes for our customers around the world. We recognise the importance of passion and talent and offer a package designed to attract and retain the best.
Key Benefits Include:
- £18,000 pro rata
- 25 days paid annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Paid Sickness and absence
- Membership of professional institutions
- Full benefits Package
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data.
- Creation/modification of designs
- Provide technical support to senior project engineering roles
- Maintaining plans/schedules and reporting progress.
- Integration of software and software-hardware systems.
- Integration of third party software
- Validation and verification of design implementation.
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification.
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators.
- Supporting repeat activities on a programme
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Enthusiastic about modern technologies and Aerospace systems
- Will have shown an aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to work under the supervision of others and to follow processes and instructions
- Some capability in real time software programming
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- An ability to manage and develop your own career
- Exposure to modern computer software and computers including Windows, current company standard office software, and planning software.
- Able to undertake periods of shift work
- Eligibility - you must be eligible to work in the Uk by commencement of employment
We want to hear from the bold and the bright. Make your application stand out, be passionate about yourself and what you do!