Lane Clark and Peacock LLP
LCP is a firm of financial, actuarial and business consultants, specialising in the areas of pensions, investment, insurance, business analytics and employee benefits.
Learn more about being a graduate on our website.
Why be a graduate at LCP?
The best thing about working for LCP is the variety of projects you’ll have the chance to get involved with from day one. For example, you could be helping with pension scheme valuations, monitoring investment manager performance or estimating the financial impact of a hurricane on an insurance company. You could be building a spreadsheet model, using innovative software developed in house, drafting letters to clients or writing reports. There are also plenty of opportunities for client contact, right from the start of your career.
We welcome graduates from a wide range of disciplines. We are looking for at least a 2.1 honours degree (or equivalent) and an A grade in A-level mathematics (or equivalent). Ideally, applicants would also have A-level grades in other subjects equating to a total of 320 UCAS points.
LCP has an excellent track record of students passing their professional exams and qualifying quickly; we also have an extensive programme of in-house training.
After an introductory course, regular training sessions are held throughout the first three years, covering every aspect of the business. Staff also receive training to keep their technical knowledge up to date and to improve their managerial and presentation skills. We provide comprehensive support for the professional exams.
What we do
Whether you join our pensions actuarial, investment, insurance or business analytics and financial modelling team, you can be sure you’ll be working with some of the very best and brightest in their field.
LCP offers a full range of actuarial, investment and related employee benefit advice to employers and pension scheme trustees of various sizes and industries. We also provide general insurance advice and business analytics and modelling services. Our depth of resource and experience means that we can undertake a wide range of assignments.
The work we do includes:
- valuing companies’ pension commitments;
- advising on risk mitigation options for pension schemes;
- advising on investment strategy and fund manager selection;
- monitoring investment performance against objectives;
- advising insurance companies on reserving, capital modelling and financial risk management;
- developing models for use internally and externally, for example to advise the government on its electricity policy.
Learn more about what we do on our wbsite.
LCP has over 109 partners and over 600 personnel, including approximately 160 qualified actuaries and 80 actuarial students. LCP originated from a sole practice founded in 1947 and in 1962 began to trade under the name “Lane Clark & Peacock”.
We set ourselves high professional standards and earlier this year we were one of the first actuarial firms accredited under the Quality Assurance Scheme, awarded by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. In 2016 we have won a host of awards including:
- PIPA De-risking Consultant of the Year
- A hat-trick of awards at the UK Pensions Awards in the categories of DC Innovation, DC Consultancy and Risk Reduction Adviser of the Year. We were also highly commended in the Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year category.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!