Global Banking and Finance MSc
The Global Banking and Finance MSc degree programme will provide students with an understanding of domestic and global financial systems, the impact of global and domestic financial crises and covers issues of regulation and control by international monetary authorities.
You will study corporate finance, legal and regulatory environments, national and international standards, financial theory and enhance your knowledge of alternative types of banking and contemporary issues in the field such as systemic failures and sector problems.
The course is ideal for students who wish to pursue careers in financial regulation, banking, finance and risk management, insurance or actuarial science.
Most students will take part in a placement or internship as part of the Executive In-Company Project module, although the option of a traditional dissertation is available.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a #DMUglobal experience and choose a language study option.
- Personal leadership mentoring from leading industry figures
- World-leading academics
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular delivery from leading business figures
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Portfolio developed in partnership with business
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
- Excellent contact hours
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!