Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc
The Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc will provide a platform for students to enhance career prospects within the creative industries through a combination of theoretical and practical learning.
This programme is ideal for students coming from backgrounds in design, arts, media, technology design, gaming, film or other creative areas who are seeking to enhance their business skills. Students from other backgrounds who are interested in creative industries or in careers in marketing or advertising will also benefit from the course. A wide range of electives and options for the summer provide opportunities to tailor the programme to your interests.
This course will develop your theoretical and applied knowledge in areas such as entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, strategy, finance, people management, brand design and the future influence of technological innovations.
You will study a range of management issues and develop relevant skills for operating and managing in the creative industries, which have seen significant global growth in recent years.
Students will have the opportunity to either take part in a placement or an internship as part of the Executive In-company Project or Social Internships module, or participate in an Entrepreneurship Project or Live Practice Project. All of the project options allow you to apply knowledge from the course to a real world business environment.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a #DMUglobal experience and choose a language study option.
If you are interested in this programme but are unsure of your eligibility to apply, please send your CV/resume or profile to for review.
- Option to pursue an in-company project, social internship, live practice project or entrepreneurship project.
- Personal leadership mentoring and career coaching
- World-leading academics from the faculties of business, arts, humanities, design and technology.
- Access to business research that is cited as world leading and internationally excellent by the independent and peer assessed Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular presentations by leading business figures
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Modules that have been developed in partnership with business, with the objective of providing students with key skills needed to lead and succeed in today’s global business environment
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building which has its own café and store
- Access to a high tech 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
- Excellent contact hours of 15 or more hours per week
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study Valuable links to Leicester’s Curve Theatre, the British Library, Channel 4, the BBC, Leicestershire TV/Channel 2020, BBC Leicester, Harborough FM, GV Gallery London, The Phoenix Partners, Global Radio Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival, one of Europe’s largest comedy festivals, amongst others
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!