Business Management and Sport MSc
Reasons to study Business Management in Sport at De Montfort University:
The Business Management in Sport MSc is a programme that will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules.
This programme focuses on governance structures, ethical considerations, major competitions, sports marketing and sport’s political, social, economic, and cultural contexts.
You will develop knowledge of business management and sport on local, national, international and global levels to prepare for a career in the sector. You may choose to pursue a career within governing bodies, federations, clubs, sponsors, marketing organisations, the media, local and central government or legacy and heritage organisations.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a #DMUglobal experience and choose a language study option.
If you are interested in this programme but are unsure of your eligibility to apply, please send your CV/resume or profile to LCBS.PG@dmu.ac.uk for review.
- Valuable industry links in the UK and overseas, including established DMU relationships with: Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club, and Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Option to pursue an in-company project, social internship, live practice project or entrepreneurship project
- Personal leadership mentoring and career coaching
- World-leading academics from the faculties of business and art, design and technology
- Access to business research that is cited as world leading and internationally excellent by the independent and peer assessed Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular presentations by leading business figures
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Modules that have been developed in partnership with business, with the objective of providing students with key skills needed to lead and succeed in today’s global business environment
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building which has its own café and store
- Access to a high tech 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
- Excellent contact hours of 15 or more hours per week
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!