Training Contracts 2019-2021
Work with leading legal teams in a top tier law firm. Undertake your training contract where you can help provide access to justice. Make a difference.
The Leigh Day ethos remains the same as when the firm was set up in 1987, to make justice available to all, not just the rich and powerful. We work only for individuals, not the government or big business. A training contract with Leigh Day is your opportunity to work with some of the country’s best legal minds to seek justice for real people. We are a specialist law firm operating across personal injury, international, human rights, consumer law and product safety, clinical negligence, employment and discrimination.
You will be working with experts, training with some of the country's leading legal teams, who are not afraid to take on difficult, challenging and ground-breaking cases. That’s why people come to us, because they want answers; they want justice; they often need help to rebuild their lives.
Based in our London (Clerkenwell) and Manchester offices we are over 400 strong (including 45 partners). Trainee Solicitors at Leigh Day will work closely with a Partner or senior lawyer in the firm and assist with all aspects of that lawyer's work. These are challenging roles, but extremely rewarding, and a high standard of performance is expected.
To be successful you must have;
• Excellent fit with Leigh Day’s ethos - a genuine passion to build a career in claimant law and provide access to justice for all.
• High standard of academic achievement, 2:1 or better at degree level.
• Strong intellect and persistence to solve problems, using judgement and critical reasoning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deal sensitively with clients and experts.
• Excellent organisation, prioritisation skills and enthusiasm to work in a busy environment.
• Confidence and ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive manner, coupled with resilience to deliver well under pressure.
• Ability to be a sincere team player with a positive, flexible, attitude and drive to rise and respond effectively to a challenge.
You must submit your application via our online application system latest by 28 February 2018. You will be able to access the link when you click on the Apply Now button on the training contact web page.
Please note that Leigh Day will be unable to accept applications made in any other format.
For more information download the Training Contract Information Pack from our website.
Leigh Day is committed to the Law Society training scheme and the provision of structured quality training placements for trainee solicitors. Leigh Day is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!