Graduate Development Manager (Property) - 2019 Graduate Programme (Development Stream)
Lendlease was founded 60 years ago, born out of a vision to create a company that could successfully combine the disciplines of construction, development and investment.
Today, we work closely with clients, investors and communities in Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Americas to create better places – places that leave a positive legacy and inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
Our Development Graduate Programme
Our Development business has a proven global track record in delivering complex mixed use large scale urban regeneration schemes incorporating residential, retail and offices, to establish a new benchmark for best practice in urban regeneration within the European market, including Elephant Park, International Quarter London, and Timberyard Deptford. We operate an integrated team model and our diverse skills allows us to manage the entire development process, from masterplanning and site acquisition, consulting with local authorities on planning, to project management, sales and leasing. We can even manage the asset once its complete. In between, we’re able to integrate everything from financial modelling and research analysis to concept design and marketing
The Development stream of our 2-year Graduate Programme is designed to enhance your skills, build your experience and provide you with an in-depth understanding of development across different sectors at Lendlease.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- You will be exposed to and involved in the full development cycle, building on your commercial acumen;
- You will be actively managing stakeholders;
- You will experience functional areas such as safety, sustainability, marketing and operational excellence.
You will be supported through a structured learning and development programme, a variety of on-the-job assignments, and networking opportunities, including:
- An annual conference; developing your self-awareness and ability to build great relationships;
- A series of business capability workshops in areas such as negotiating and business acumen;
- Ongoing catch-ups with senior leaders to encourage and steer your progress;
- A buddy and a mentor.
Funding of your annual membership and associated fees, plus access to a qualified advisor to help you achieve your professional RICS status (candidates with a RICS accredited degree).
- The right to live and work in the UK;
- A minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree in real estate, estate management, engineering or economics;
- A degree with a specialism in technology, socio-economic or smart cities would be encouraged but not essential;
- Some relevant and demonstrable work experience.
Application Process & Timeline
Closing date is 3rd of February 2019.
TIP: Apply as soon as possible to be in with a chance for your ideal role.
STEP 1 – Online Application Form (including submission of CV)
You will be asked to provide your basic details, upload a copy of your CV and answer 2 questions in relation to your application to our Graduate Programme. During the application process you will also be asked to select the Construction stream you are interested in pursuing.
TIP: Why not get a head start and prepare your answers to our 2 questions before you begin to complete the online application form. You will be asked,
What attracts you to starting your careers with Lendlease? (max. 300 words)
What are the top 3 strengths that make you a great fit for your selected stream (i.e. Construction, Consulting, Development, Finance or Central Function)? (max. 300 words)
STEP 2 – Video Interview
STEP 3 – Assessment Centre (to be run in March)