Industrial Placement HR
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate Development programme.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK sites, that not only increase your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible. Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergrad years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
The key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
The Industrial Placement programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Industrial Placement HR Job Description
To provide HR support to the HR team on various activities including employee appraisal, performance management, talent management and employee relations.
Working with the HR team and the business to embed the People Plan aligned to the People Management Framework.
- Provide support to the HR team including administration and tactical HR work
- Delivery of presentations on various topics to increase our performance culture
- External benchmarking our HR practices and policies
- Involvement in resource management, including the review of new starters and leavers
- Creation of reports on demographics, leavers etc
- Promotion and involvement in the People Management Framework
- Work in partnership with the outsourced HR provider to ensure seamless delivery of the HR service
You must be able to obtain BPSS and SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Candidates must be currently studying a related degree/working towards a 2:1 or higher (for example Business, Business Administration and Human Resources)
- A good understanding of HR practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities in a demanding and complex business environment
- Team player
- Proficient in the use of word, excel and PowerPoint
- What can I expect from my working environment?
- Office based role using display screen equipment
- May involve occasional UK travel
- Management of activities to tight deadlines
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
You’ll be made to feel welcome from day one and will have the opportunity to mix with our current graduate cohort and find out the diverse career options you can pursue at Leonardo.
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!