Graduate Commerical Officer
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
- Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
- Our Airborne Infra-Red Counter Measures, Radar and Laser Designators are number 1 outside of the US
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increases your professional skills through hands on experience on some of our largest projects, but also helps to develop your leadership and business skills. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals, whilst working towards accreditation within your chosen profession.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Our key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
The graduate programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Graduate Commercial Officer Job Description
In the Leonardo Commercial function we attract confident, self-motivated people across a range of disciplines such as business, economics and law. We are looking for people who can work in teams, be motivated, self-disciplined, communicate clearly and have the ability to innovate over a wide range of commercial activity.
The key responsibility areas of the commercial function is bidding, negotiating and managing contracts.
Each business winning team has Commercial representation and you will be involved in all stages of the bid cycle from opportunity qualification to delivery of the proposal. At each stage Commercial plays a vital role in shaping the contractual framework of the project. You will be involved in writing proposals; drafting and agreeing contracts terms and conditions; liaising with other functions on technical and financial issues; attending in-house reviews; and interacting regularly with the customer.
Prior to entering into contractual commitments on behalf of Leonardo, the Commercial function negotiates these commitments with the customer. You will participate in balancing the technical, financial, time-scale and legal aspects of the customer requirements, ensuring that the business is not exposed to unacceptable risk.
After contract award we must ensure customer satisfaction by meeting the customer requirement through the lifecycle of the project. You will be heavily involved in liaising with customers and other project functions. Naturally, customer requirements can change and contract amendments will have to be costed, presented and negotiated throughout the project lifecycle.
Must have obtained or are predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including Accountancy, Business, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Financial Planning, Law, Management, Marketing and Politics)
You must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- First class communication skills
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Good awareness of cultural differences
- Ability to work in teams and also be self-sufficient when appropriate
- Ability to work with and motivate other team members
- Professional, disciplined, persistent and proactive
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage workload whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Diplomacy and tact in all interactions
- Drive and enthusiasm to develop both business and self
What can I expect from my working environment?
Be able to obtain SC security clearance
Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- £26,000 starting salary
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and financial support whilst working towards professional accreditation
- 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!