Graduate Commercial Officer
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
- Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
- Our Airborne Infra-Red Counter Measures, Radar and Laser Designators are number 1 outside of the US
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increases your professional skills through hands on experience on some of our largest projects, but also helps to develop your leadership and business skills. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals, whilst working towards accreditation within your chosen profession.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Our key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
The graduate programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Graduate Commercial Officer Job Description
This role provides the opportunity for a highly motivated individual to be part of the team responsible for delivering the Commercial service to the Electronic Warfare sector of Leonardo. The Commercial team are heavily involved in business winning and project delivery, being directly responsible for the commercial management of enquiries, quotations, Agreements and Contracts - activities which are critical to the successful performance of Leonardo.
The role provides the opportunity to support the Commercial team through a wide variety of commercial activities which will include:
- Commercial management of enquiries
- Generation and Maintenance of Commercial Agreements
- Commercial management of Contracts.
- Preparation and delivery of internal offer approvals and provision of support to the bid process, including the generation of pricing, risk analysis and optimized cashflows
- Preparation and delivery of quotations to potential partners and customers.
- Negotiating Contracts/Agreements
- Provision of support to help ensure compliance with export control, due diligence, business ethics and other commercial governance activities in all Leonardo transactions.
- Development and maintenance of customer, partner and supplier relationships, internally and externally, and within the UK and overseas.
Must have obtained or are predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including Business, Law, Finance, etc.)
Previous relevant experience in a similar environment would be an advantage.
You must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK. The role requires access to UK Caveated information; therefore the candidate will require sole or dual UK nationality.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- A positive attitude and collaborative approach to working in a multi discipline team environment
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Pro-active and results driven with a "can do" attitude
What can I expect from my working environment?
- This is an office based role using display screen equipment.
- The role will be based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
- As part of this role you will be expected to travel as demanded by the business, possibly both in the UK and abroad, including overnight stays as necessary.
- The role will be 37 hours per week including the likelihood of out of hours or extended working hours and flexibility will be required to support this. The ability to work to challenging deadlines will also be required.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- £26,000 starting salary
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and financial support whilst working towards professional accreditation
- 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!